Friday 4 November 2011

The aftermath

So I've finally posted my day 90 photos....pretty damn pleased with overall outcome.  Wanted to blog on my post PCP celebration lunch with Ren which was a spur of the moment decision to go to a US steak joint in Tokyo called Ruth's Chris steak house (I should have realised before we went that any restaurant sporting such a ludicrous name was bound to spell trouble).

The two glasses of wine were lovely (of course!) although I regretted them later in the office....but the food was shocking...there was just so MUCH of it.  Tomato and onion salad...two massive tomatoes and a pile of onions slathered in dressing...then a burger.  A MASSIVE burger, fries, three slices of cheese.  Why 3?  What's wrong with one?  Bacon....ye gads.  But this was as nothing to the apple pie.  It was a whole pie.  I kid you not - it was enough for four people.  It must have been 3000 calories at the inside.  Terrible terrible terrible thing.  I ate less than 20% of it....and spent the rest of the day feeling sick.  Never again - I've even told Naz she has permission to remind me when next I'm tempted by the thought of it rather than the reality.

So...it shows that PCP does work.  Naz and I have had probably over 60% of our meals since finishing PCP compliant....why change?

1 comment:

  1. this first week post PCP, being released into the real world has been quite a revelation in so many ways, huh? nice to be able to enjoy some real foods and be social again, but the lens by which you now see the dining experience is soooOOO different, and so much more impactful and beneficial to our overall, longterm health.

    ReplyDelete