Monday 8 August 2011

First Diet Day

Found it properly weird eating brown rice and cabbage for breakfast.  Truth was though that it filled me up a lot more than my usual bowl of all-bran.  Couldn't stomach a glass of milk so went for yoghurt instead which was much more digestible.  Exercises going ok although finding somewhere to do incline pull ups was a bit of a challenge!

I thought I'd comment on the weekend too.  I calculated that this weekend was the first in roughly seven years that I had no alcohol to drink at all!  When I realised that I was a bit shocked but what can I say?  I LOVE wine!  The thing is, I didn't really miss it (although if truth be told I could have murdered a glass of cold white on Friday after work) and the weekend seemed to have so many more hours.  Woke up both Saturday and Sunday feeling great so that was quite a revelation.  Yesterday I went for a long cycle and so slept like a baby - but getting up this morning was a real challenge although I think that was more to do with having to go to work rather than having to PCP!

The other thing I've been thinking about is institutionalisation.  No bear with me....I went to boarding school when I was eight years old and so all food was prepared and stuck in front of you to eat...and for the most part it was eat it or don't eat anything....and sometimes it got pretty grim.  Worst I reckon was a hot meal of one canned plum tomato, warmed up in a warming cupboard.  Dreadful (although PCP eligible I'm sure!).  Anyway, where was I going with this?  Oh yes - my point is that I reckon I will be ok with the food thing.  It's odd but Patrick tells us what to eat.  OK we have to decide what 'protein' we need to eat or what veg we're going to cook - but we have a set of rules - and I find that strangely liberating!

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble (in fact I think this whole post pretty much fits into that category) so I'll leave you all be.

No comments:

Post a Comment